It's Official - They Love To Bump!

After playing math board games with a group of 7 and 8 year olds, I asked them which their favorite games were. They had played lots of different ones over several sessions but it was clear that they had a few favorites.
Yes they love the Bump games! I think that the part they love most is 'bumping' their opponent off a number.
These are the 2 that they named as favorites -     
      

The Balloon Bump Addition was in a previous edition of my Let's Make Math Fun Magazine. You can download it now for free at http://www.makingmathmorefun.com/magazine/Volume15MA2012.pdf 

The Mad Monkeys Bump is part of my Multiplication Games Collection.

The other favorites were the Tic Tac Toe games, especially the 4x4 games.

These above are available for free at
and

I have to admit, as much as they love to play the games, I also love to see them playing! They apply their math skills over and over and do so with joy, enthusiasm and laughter!
So I guess -

Games + Math = Learning + Fun


What a great equation for teaching math!
Hope you have a chance to download and try some of the games above. There are also other FREEBIES and math board game collections at my TPT store and my TN store.



Are you game?????????????

6 comments:

  1. I love to use games in our Math Stations. I downloaded and saved the first one that includes your Bump games. Thanks for sharing and I appreciate the freebie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Corrinna,
      I hope they have lots and lots of fun bumping away! Thanks for downloading!
      Teresa

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the freebie! My kiddos love math games. I had to add this to my collection.

    Heather
    I'm having a giveaway! I'd love for you to enter:)
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Hope the kids enjoy the games! I would love to be part of your giveaway! Off to visit your blog now. :)
      Teresa

      Delete
  3. I am your newest follower. I love your colorful blog. I hope you can stop by my blog sometime. Glad to have found another great teacher to share ideas with.

    Mrs.G's Kindergarten in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,
    Thanks for stopping by! I will check out your blog!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete