It's Not My New School Year Resolution!

It is not my new school year as that is January for us in Australia but after reading some of the New School Year Resolutions in Amanda's Linky, I was inspired. So these are what I would be including.

 
I just have 2 very simple resolutions that I would include.

#1 Have Fun!

Back to school time is always so busy that actually stopping to enjoy it seems to get forgotten! A teaching partner I had many years ago always tried to be very organized in the mornings so that she could greet the kiddos in the morning and spend time chatting with them. What a great start to the day!

#2 More Games!

I'd also vow to play more games with the kiddos. They enjoy them and I always enjoy them too! There are so many great getting to know you games.  And I always try to use games in math lessons. My favorite games are those just for fun ones that we play in the last 5 minutes of the day. I definitely need to finish the day with these more often.

# More Organized

I know I said 2 but after reading the 2 above I realized that the key to more games and more fun is being more organized. I guess it really needs to be #1 as then the others will hopefully follow.
Hope you like my resolutions! Make sure you check out the others at Teaching Maddeness.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to the party, Teresa, even if it's not "back to school time" for you! I love your resolutions! I play a TON of games in the classroom, but I like your idea of ending the day with a game. :)


    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness
    PS...I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete