I LOVE Brain Teasers!

I am so hooked on using Brain Teasers with kids!
 
I love seeing there faces light up when they are given a challenge to solve!
Sometimes you can almost see their little brains ticking over!

They get so much from Brain Teasers
- the chance to apply math skills,
- they develop strategic thinking
- the opportunity to develop thinking skills
- they also learn to 'think out of the box'.

Each child has a BT book (short for Brain Teasers of course) so that they can be a bit messy when it comes to working out the brain teaser. If they need to draw a diagram or have several attempts as they 'guess and check' it doesn't matter if they are a bit messy!

I am always designing Brain Teasers but until now I hadn't put them all together in one collection!

Finally (after starting this project in 2007) I have a collection of math brain teasers!

I am celebrating completing this collection and my birthday which falls on Friday 13 this year! (how lucky for me)

My new collection of Brain Teasers is now available at
Math Problems and Brain Teasers Cards.

Please consider trying Brain Teasers in your classroom if you haven't already!
You won't regret it!


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you like them! :)
      I have so much fun using Brain Teasers in the classroom!

      Delete
  2. Teresa,

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I am now your newest follower. In your comment you said come to your blog because you left me an award...I did not see my blog name on your award list.

    Thanks a bunch!
    Christa
    sweetlifeofsecondgrade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Sorry Christa,
      I think I had confused myself with so many pages open at once!
      I had meant to include but probably shouldn't be blogging when I am so tired :)
      I have added you to the list. Love your blog!
      Teresa

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you give Brain Teasers a go in your classroom! They are fun and so much learning takes place when the kids try to solve them! Off to visit your blog!

      Delete
  4. I have a blog award for you. Stop by my blog to pick it up!
    Thanks,
    Julie
    TheTeachingBug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I actually already have this award but have enjoyed finding your blog and becoming a follower!
      Teresa

      Delete
  5. I love your games! Would you be willing to donate something your TpT store for a giveaway I have starting next week? Let me know! :)

    Kim
    Carried Away in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim,
    I am happy to donate. Tic Tac Toe Addition Facts Games for your giveaway.
    Let me know what to do!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Just e-mail me at ka_davis710@yahoo.com from your e-mail so I can contact you when the winners are chosen!!!! :)

      I will link you up and let you know when the giveaway is up and running!

      THANKS!

      Kim
      Carried Away in Kindergarten

      Delete