I Call These Word Boards!

I call these word boards and have used these in some form for many years. I even remember making basic ones for weak students in the 6th grade some years ago.
Well this is what they look like!

    

What do you do with them? Anything you want. These phonics activities are really versatile and ideal for teaching or reviewing letter patterns.
They can be a board game, team game, word building exercise, class competition, homework activity, give a clue game, real or unreal game! You really can use them for anything that want and you will probably come up with many more ideas!
The 2 above are freebies at


I also have a whole set of short vowel Word Boards at


There are 18 short vowel CVC, CVCC and CCVC Word Boards in the set. It includes 9 different ideas for using the boards!

     

     

I really hope you give these a go! The kids LOVE them! Now all I need is more hours in the day so I can fianlly get around to making a Long Vowel set! :)
I'll keep you posted and let you know when I do!

2 comments:

  1. These are really cute, I am going to have to check them out!

    ~Jenna
    Diving Into Learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna,
      Hope you give them a go! These word boards are so versatile and kids really love using them! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
      Teresa

      Delete